The latest update to ParkMyCloud is support for AWS China! In the latest release of the platform, we added support for the two Amazon Web Services (AWS) regions in China, expanding our cost optimization coverage for more public cloud users.
After the United States, China has the second-largest public cloud market at $10.5 billion in 2019, according to IDC. Gartner reports that in Asia as a whole, Alibaba Cloud – which ParkMyCloud also supports – holds 19.6% market share, while AWS has 11% of the market. All of that spend needs to be optimized so that it does not contribute to the billions of dollars that are wasted every year on unnecessary resources.
About ParkMyCloud AWS China Support
AWS offers two regions in China, AWS China (Beijing) and AWS China (Ningxia), which are operated by local providers – Sinnet and NWCD, respectively. In order to get an AWS China account, AWS customers must create a separate set of credentials, which require a valid Chinese business license, as Chinese law forbids non-Chinese companies from owning or operating certain technology for the provision of cloud services.
ParkMyCloud now supports both of these regions, offering the same benefits that other, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud customers enjoy:
- Machine Learning. Resource scheduling and resizing based on recommendations leveraging resource utilization history.
- Automate. A robust policy engine automates schedule and sizing actions based on user tags, and adds resources and users to teams for simplified governance.
- Easy to Use. No scripting, no agents, and a 15-minute setup. Simple UI can be used by anyone, with options for API access and integrations as needed.
- Take Action. Users can control resources and get notified with ChatOps bots in Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google Hangouts.
- Save Time. Automated policies require little upkeep for savings. Keeps teams focused on creating value for their businesses.
- Save Money. Save an average of $12 for every dollar spent on ParkMyCloud. Plans start as low as $2/resource/month.
What Else is New?
Most notably, last week we released RightSizing Automation for AWS and Google Cloud Platform. This new capability gives you recommendations for sizing changes on your resources to optimize costs – which can save up to 75% per resource.
Other recent highlights for AWS users include:
- AWS GovCloud Support – cost optimization support for the two US GovCloud regions available for government and others in highly regulated industries.
- AWS Marketplace availability – gives AWS customers the option to add the cost of ParkMyCloud to their regular AWS bill with a simplified purchasing process.
And of interest to all users:
- SmartParking recommendations for databases in AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Resource Utilization Graphs – see line graphs and heatmaps for usage data including CPU, network, and memory on various metrics – all of which is used in SmartParking recommended schedules to optimize your on/off times based on your utilization data.
- ParkMyCloud User Community on Slack – all are welcome!
How to Get Started Optimize AWS China Costs
First, you’ll need a ParkMyCloud account if you don’t already have one. You can get started with a 14-day free trial.
Then, whether you’re a new or existing ParkMyCloud user, you will need to connect to your AWS China account via an IAM User credential rather than the normal IAM role. This is because AWS China runs in the dedicated “aws-cn” partition and ParkMyCloud runs in the “aws” public cloud partition, and AWS does not support cross-account IAM Roles between partitions. Since IAM User credentials are normally disabled within ParkMyCloud, you will need to request IAM User access by contacting ParkMyCloud Support by email or by entering a ticket using the Support link in the Console.
What other public cloud services would you like to see ParkMyCloud support? Let us know in the comments below!