ParkMyCloud now supports all three major cloud providers for resource RightSizing with the latest release of automated Azure Rightsizing!
How to Use ParkMyCloud’s Azure RightSizing to Automatically Optimize Costs
RightSizing is the process of matching a workload to the best supporting virtual machine to optimize costs. Why does it matter? Many virtual machines in the cloud are sized much larger than necessary for the workloads running on them. A recent analysis of the resources managed in the ParkMyCloud platform showed that the Average CPU across resources was merely 4.9%. Additionally, more than 95% of the resources sampled were operating at less than 50% average CPU. This means that they are provisioned for far more CPU than they actually need.
VM sizing and type selection has a drastic effect on cost –– one size down within the same VM family can reduce the cost by 50%, andwith changes between families or across more than one size, savings can be even greater. In the example shown here, ParkMyCloud has three RightSizing options, which could save the user 40-68% of the cost.
ParkMyCloud recommends VMs eligible for RightSizing; can take automated action to RightSize VMs, and can change VM families and modernize types.
Other New Features in ParkMyCloud
We’re constantly updating and improving the ParkMyCloud platform to bring you the best user experience and the most savings on your cloud environment. Here are some of the latest notable feature and support additions:
- API V2 released – the new version of the API supports a number of new services. API access is available for all customers on a paid tier. More on the new API.
- RightSizing for AWS & Google Cloud – as mentioned above, Azure is the third cloud provider to get RightSizing support in ParkMyCloud.
- User Enhancements across the board include:
- Tag/Label collection for GCP CloudSQL databases, allowing for more automation flexibility using the ParkMyCloud Policy Engine
- More policy rules allowed in each account – increased from 200 to 500
- New options for audit log events added for SuperAdmins
- AWS China Support
- SmartParking recommendations for databases
- AWS GovCloud Support
- AWS Marketplace availability
- ParkMyCloud Community on Slack – open to all!
How to Get Started
First, you’ll need to be an active ParkMyCloud customer or trial user. To set up an account, start a free trial and connect to your Azure account. You will have full access to the Enterprise Tier level features for 14 days.
Then, for customer and trial users alike, please contact us to enable the RightSizing beta, which supports Azure RightSizing as well as AWS and Google Cloud. In a few weeks, RightSizing will be made generally available for users on the new Pro tier as well as the Enterprise tier. Take advantage of this time to check it out!