With a growing demand for Microsoft Azure, there’s never been a better time to seize the opportunity to learn the platform with free Azure training resources. Whether you’re an AWS expert looking to expand your cloud expertise or just getting started in your cloud computing career, there’s a training resource for every experience level and learning type. Jump in with our list of 5 free Azure training resources:
1. Microsoft Azure
The most obvious resource for free Azure training is the source itself. Microsoft does a great job of providing virtual courses, hands-on training, and documentation for users with a range of experience:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy Courses provide information on Azure Virtual Machines and virtual networks, PaaS, automation and management, cloud migration, and more. Sample creative courses like Developing Intelligent Bots From Zero to Hero or get practical with courses like Building an IT Certification Study Lab.
- Get hands on and learn on the go with an Azure free account. It’s free to sign up and $200 credit is yours to spend in the first 30 days. That’s a month of free exploration to “test and deploy enterprise apps, create custom mobile experiences, and gain insight from your data.”
- And for those who enjoy some light reading, there’s Microsoft Azure Documentation. Jump in and start learning with quickstarts, samples, and tutorials.
YouTube had to make the list. The mecca of free videos makes it easy to channel surf your way through a variety of Azure training videos. Some of the most popular channels for free Azure training include:
- Microsoft Azure (69,871 subscribers) offers demos, technical insights, and training videos.
- Cloud Ranger Network (19,594 subscribers) accompanies a popular blog on all things Microsoft Azure, making it a great resource for supplemented learning with both video and text.
- Azure DevOps (3,256 subscribers) deserves a nod as a great niche channel for developers looking to make use of Azure’s developers services.
If anyone knows Azure – it’s GitHub. The world’s leading development platform is all about open source learning, building, and project management in a community of 28 million developers. And in an effort to make Azure the leading cloud for developers, Microsoft acquired GitHub earlier this year, making it likely that the platform will become even more rich in free Azure training. Get started on the Microsoft Azure page.
Bloggers offer new insights, ideas, and the latest on all things cloud computing – if you know where to look. CloudRanger.net is solely-focused on Microsoft Azure, along with the previously mentioned YouTube channel. Microsoft has their own Azure blog, of course. But for a more well-rounded blog with additional content on AWS and Google Cloud Platform, check out Cloud Academy.
Founded by Harvard University and MIT, EDx is a massive online course provider. Take advantage of free online university-level courses and be on your way to earning professional certifications. Azure course topics include databases, security, cosmos DB, and more.
Take Advantage of These Free Azure Training Resources
With no end in sight for cloud computing and a bright future ahead for Microsoft – free Azure training is both abundant and rewarding. We picked our top 5 resources for their reliability, quality, and range of information. Whether you’re new to Azure or consider yourself an expert, these resources will get you on the right foot.