Google Cloud Next 2019 will be our first Google event – and we’re looking forward to it! Google hopes to attract 30,000 attendees this year – up from 23,000 last year – to the San Francisco conference. This is the largest gathering of Google Cloud users, and features three days of networking, learning, and problem solving. Here are 3 things to look forward to at the event this year.
As with any event of this scale, Google Cloud has been saving up announcements to make at their flagship event. At the event last year, Google Cloud made over 100 announcements. While some listed seem to stretch the idea of an announcement – customer case studies, for example – others were more interesting, ranging from Google Cloud Functions (serverless) to Istio for microservices management to resource-based pricing. They’re sure to have some exciting developments to share for 2019.
2. Speakers & Sessions
This year, the event has more than 30 featured speakers, and attendees will get to hear from executives from throughout the Google Cloud organization as well as their top customers and partners.
There will be hundreds of breakout sessions on 18 tracks. While the sessions you choose to attend will likely focus on the track most relevant to your job role and areas where you’re looking to grow, be sure to scan the full list for other cool sessions. A few that caught my eye…
- Bootcamp on analyzing NCAA March Madness data
- Building Game AI for Better User Experiences
- DevOps in a Serverless World
- Meet the Authors – Go Language
- Bringing Retail Trading to 34 Million Cryptocurrency Wallets
- Saving Even More Money on Compute Engine
- How We Broke the World Record for Computing Digits of Pi
- Life at Google
- An Insider’s Look: Google’s Data Centers
- Project Creation Using Terraform and Cost Controls
- Data Governance in a Cloud-First World
- The Future of Health
- Delivering Highly-Personalized Shopping Experiences on GCP
- Deploying Unconventional Web Apps
- Automating Cost Optimizations on GCP
- Making Books Accessible to the Visually Impaired
- How Retailers Prepare for Black Friday on Google Cloud Platform
You can also get certified while at the conference. If possible, we recommend doing this on Monday so you don’t miss out on sessions, but see what your schedule looks like.
Don’t forget to have fun while you’re there. Start with a visit to the expo when you have a break during conference hours – sponsors from Salesforce to DataDog to CloudHealth will have booths where you can learn about their offerings, cool demos, and of course, get the latest in innovative swag and giveaways. Don’t forget to come see ParkMyCloud! We’ll be at the group of booths right when you walk in the main entrance at the expo hall, #S1151.
After hours, various vendors & sponsors are having happy hours, so check out the websites, blogs, and emails from your favorite products to see if there are any you’d like to join. Plus, enjoy the city of San Francisco!
See You At Google Cloud Next 2019
If you’ll be at the event, be sure to stop by and say hi to ParkMyCloud at booth S1151 – schedule a time to stop by and we’ll give you an extra scratch-off card for a chance to win an Amazon.com gift card. We’d love to chat and hear what you think of the event.
Psst — if you haven’t yet registered, shoot me an email and I might be able to hook you up with a discount code.