Careers at ParkMyCloud
GoLang Senior Software Engineer/Architect
ParkMyCloud is a SaaS platform that connects to the cloud and enables users to automatically reduce their cloud costs by shutting down resources when they are not in use. It’s like Nest for the cloud! In just a few years we have rapidly grown to over 850 customers, secured funding, and are now looking for a great technical mind to join the team.
If you get excited about working in a hot space with new technology on a great team then you are the right candidate!
PLEASE – if you do not have actual Go coding experience on more than just academic projects, please do not apply for this position. We are seeking an experienced GoLang developer.
- 2-3 years’ experience developing server software in Go
- 1-2 years’ experience with Python
- 1-3 years’ experience working with SQL databases, preferably MySQL
- Familiar with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or other cloud technology
- Software Engineering with emphasis on web commerce, SaaS, MySQL, Amazon Web Services, Angular.JS, Nginx and Apache2 REST APIs, Ubuntu or Debian Linux.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology or similar
- Ability to work with a team of developers working in a fast-paced Agile Development environment, doing what it takes to meet challenging deadlines at Startup Speed.
- AWS certification
- Familiar with AWS services, such as AWS Lambda, RDS/Aurora, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudWatch
- Familiarity with other cloud platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud, IBM, etc.
- Helped evolve a team to DevOps CI/CD release process
- Familiar with integrations for Slack, GitHub, and Jenkins.
- Bachelor’s degree in software or technical-related field
- Strong understanding of MySQL database design, implementation and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of data analytics and NoSQL databases.
- Startup experience.
- Preferred: 2-3 days/week at ParkMyCloud office in Dulles, VA
- Acceptable: Remote, but able to travel to ParkMyCloud office at least 1-2 times per month, depending on the distance.
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL-based database: 1 year (Required)
- GoLang: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)